A FEW WORDS FROM MY KIDS...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

QUESTION TO MARIBELLE MY 6 YEAR OLD

Me: "Maribelle, do you think I'm a happy mommy?"
Maribelle: "Oh yes, you are happy and verrrrrrrrrry silly. So silly."


COMMENT FROM CAMPBELL MY 4 YEAR OLD

Situation: Wednesdays and Fridays are my days to car pool kids to school in the morning. It's right when the baby wants to eat, freezing outside, and I'm exhausted...

Me (In a raised voice...OK I was yelling): "Campbell, I told you a million times to get your shoes on...why haven't you??!"

Baby: Screaming

Campbell: Doesn't move.

Baby: Still screaming

Me (even louder): "Campbell, you are going to make everyone late...go get your shoes on!"

Campbell: "Mom, you are really freaking me out. Just calm down."

Me: (I assess the situation, feel horrible, put down the screaming baby, and go sit next to Campbell) "Campbell, I'm so sorry. I love you so much."

Campbell: "It's OK Mommy, I forgive you."

Me: "Thank you, now get your shoes on...."

We were a little late, but his feelings are more important than being on time. I get so worked up with anxiety in hectic situations that I lose some perspective. Thank goodness kids are so forgiving and resilient. I need a lot of do overs.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Jody, you are an amazing woman. Beautiful, and talented. I know how sometimes we may not feel as others think of us. But know that there is a great amount of truth in what they see. I blog a lot for the same reason. I have gotten in trouble for it though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! I'm so lucky to have amazing women,like you, in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE