FRIVOLITIES

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I feel the need to take a moment and acknowledge that there are many other things going on in the world so much bigger than my frivolous life. I feel a little guilty that I complain about the small things when so many others in the world are truly suffering.

Here are some not so frivolous things that have been on my mind lately...
The riots in Cairo (I get to live in the greatest country on Earth); A friend who's baby recently passed away (I can still hold my baby in my arms); Several friends who are going through difficult divorces (I've never had to wear those shoes); My sisters who are both pregnant (I am not...hallelujah) and have been very sick; My mom who recently lost her father (Love you Grandpa); The children across the world who suffer because of the mistakes of adults (I'm sorry). 

This depressing list could go on and on. The truth is that I always have things like this on my mind. It's part of the reason I write my blog...to step out of those thoughts for a while and take a break. 

So, on that note...a far more frivolicious blog post will be made later today:). 



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE