I CARRY MY SUNSHINE AROUND WITH ME

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I carry my sunshine around with me in the form of a bright blond halo on my head. I've tried many different hair styles in the past.




 

But, I always come back to light blond. It is what feels right to me. It's who I am. 

I think it was my post on Britney Spears that got me thinking about hair. Hair is really important to most women (99.9%). It's a huge part of our physical identity. 

I got my hair done about two months before baby boss was born and didn't have it done again until he was three months old. That's a lifetime in blond years and my roots looked like Britney Spears, pre-buzz. I kept telling the hubby that I was dying to get my hair done again and he didn't understand why it was making me so upset. "I like your natural color. You should grow it out," he would say. Um, yeah right! 

Finally, the blessed day came and I was able to go get my hair done (I even sold a couch to pay for it...but, that's another story). I came home a new woman with my blond halo just as it should be. "I wish I could make you that happy," the hubby jokingly jabbed. The hubby brings me true joy, but there's a special place in my heart that only my hair stylist can fill.

I have a sister currently prego with twins and she has gone even longer without getting her halo touched up than I did. She is so sick with morning (all day) sickness and often can't get out of bed. I guarantee you that if she were able to take a trip to her good ol' hair stylist she would feel better, even if just for a little bit. 

Bottom line: If a woman feels good about her hair, she feels better period. I wish we could all be happy with our natural dirty dishwater color (and props to you if you are!), but that's just not my reality folks (I swear I'm not shallow:).

Blond is one of my favorite antidepressants and when I'm feeling bad I often tell myself to  get off my butt and fix my blond coif.





Sassafras 2 years old
On another hair note...Little Miss Sassafras (My 6 year old) has been asking if she can get her hair cut (sob). No, you don't understand...she has some of the prettiest hair ever.


Sassafras this year
Hopefully she'll settle for a trim.

Alright my friends, that's all for now. Go fix your hair...you'll feel better. A little make-up won't hurt either (I think I'll take my own advice).

PS- Here's Commander Campbell with his morning hair...so cute.






Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Despite the fact that I don't have to dye my hair, I know what you mean. Whenever I have a test (and I know it's going to make for a bad day) I wake up earlier just so I can put a little more time into doing my hair and make-up. Just like you, it's not really a vanity thing; I'm not doing it with the intent to impress anyone. It would make me feel better, even if I wasn't going to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE