I LONG FOR LASTERDAY

Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh how I long for lasterday! 
(Lasterday-any day before today. A term coined by my friend Nancy's little girl as she strives to understand the concept of yesterday and tomorrow).

Warning: Whining about to commence.

I was on baby duty last night and carpool duty this morning, which is not a good combo. Especially when the heat in your car doesn't work and your baby screams the whole ride to school and back. Needless to say my day started with a bang...which has led me to longing for 
Lasterday when all my troubles seemed so far away.



Lasterday, when I was soaking up the sun on a private island in the Bahamas.

When I was 5, 10, or 20 lbs. lighter.

Lasterday, When my arms didn't ache from holding a high maintenance baby boss.

When my car was less than ten years old and I had enough money to buy a new pair of shoes.

Well, I could go on, but I will spare you.

Truthfully, I don't want to go back in time. If it were lasterday I wouldn't have all the blessings of today. But, I believe in Lasterday  
and if lasterday worked out then so will tomorrow. So, instead of the beach I will settle for listening to the Beach Boys as I stare at a tropical screen saver. 

Goals for today: Redeem myself of all this whining by doing something nice for someone else and tackling the mountain of clothes waiting to be folded. Oh yeah, take a shower and brush my teeth too. Baby steps people.

PS- Enjoy having the Beatles and/or The Beach Boys stuck in your head all day! Aruba, Jamaica oooh I wanna take ya...





Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Jody, you are too cute! I love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lasterday...I like that. If I were longing for lasterday, it would be a day I went camping in the mountains, campfire, marshmallows, the smell of fresh air in everyone's hair...and no, it was not snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I'd be right there with ya. Anything with fresh air and sunshine sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE