WHERE CAN I TURN FOR PEACE?

Sunday, January 23, 2011



Peace is so important to me. Far more import than being giddy with happiness. You can have peace during great trial or great joy. The question is...Where can you turn for peace? One of my favorite hymns has the following Lyrics.

Where Can I Turn For Peace?
Text by Emma Lou Thayne

Verse 1

Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace
when other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart searching my soul?

Verse 2

Where when my aching grows...Where when I languish....
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand? He, only One.

Verse 3

He answers privately, reaches my reaching.
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind, love without end.

This song represents my greatest source of peace. I hope that you too can find a source to turn to. 

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. That you for the reminder of the only true and lasting source of peace.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE