COINCIDENCE? JINX! PINCH, POKE, YOU OWE ME A COKE!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Okay, so as horrific as my day started yesterday, things actually turned around. After a mental knock down drag out fight with myself (I felt like there was a literal devil on one shoulder and angel on the other), I completed a super hard work out. Sweating my mushy brains out made all the difference.

Since it was President's Day, my husband and daughter were both home and we decided to go to Chuck E. Cheese's (Brave...I know. ). We also let the kids invite one friend each to come along (Super brave of us).

Side Note: My kid's were so proud that they actually let Chucky give them a hug. Normally, he scares them to the verge of wetting themselves (You have to admit that a rodent with a name like Chucky is a bit creepy). 

Anyway, I'd like to share a fun coincidence involving these two friends that tagged along yesterday.

A year or two ago I found out that a friend I grew up with (in Indiana) lived less than a mile away from where I live now (in Utah). As we caught up on each other's lives we discovered that Sassafras and her daughter (Sparky) were the same age and the Commander and her other daughter (Punky) were the same age (No people, Sparky and Punky are not their real names...just their cute family nick names).

As the time came to enroll Sassafras in first grade she coincidentally ended up in the same class as Sparky. Over time, Sparky and Sassafras have become the best of buddies and so have the Commander and Punky (Punky is a fun little tom boy and so she and the Commander love the exact same things...perfect!).

Punky, the Commander, Sassafras, and Sparky trying
on hats in Target after Chuck E. Cheese's.

It's really great when your kids find friends they get along well with, but it's extra nice that these two friends are sisters and their mom is a great friend of mine. In fact my friend's mom and my mom have been friends since before I was born.

Now, I ask you, "Is this coincidence?" Personally, I don't think so. Coincidence is when you hear a song on the radio you had just been thinking about. Coincidence is when you and your spouse say the same word at the same time (Jinx! Pinch, poke, you owe me a Coke.). Coincidence is when you run into someone in the store and you'd just been wondering how they were doing. Heck, maybe these things aren't always coincidence either.

I believe God intervenes in our lives in small and big ways each day. The majority of which we are oblivious to. But, I'm not oblivious to the blessing of having a good friend just down the street. Nope, that's not coincidence folks. I hope you notice some fun "coincidences" in your day today.

UPDATES:

MISSION HEALTHIER:

Still going strong friends! Just from eating less sugar and working out with Jillian my clothes already fit better. I'm starting Turbo Jam today too (Can you say grumble two-a-days?). My lovely sister-in-law has been watching the baby boss while I work out (The Hubby has too. He is da man!). Thanks April!

My hardest time of day is late evening when I want sugar. I really like the 60 calorie pudding Jell-O makes with prebiotics for healthy digestion. It's yummy. Also Skinny Cow brand ice cream sandwiches are surprisingly tasty.

I also switched to Almond Milk on my oatmeal in the mornings (Thanks for the suggestion mom.). Way better than soy milk and only 40 calories per cup. Sweet!

MISSION UTAH:

I'm really excited about spring. My family and I can start spending more time in Provo canyon. For those of you not familiar with Utah, this is where the Sundance (Yup, Robert Redford Sundance) Resort is. I love their outdoor theater and riding the ski lift high into the mountains to see spectacular views. They also have great restaurants. There are so many great hikes, waterfalls, picnic areas, etc. I can't wait. I will really miss these things when we move.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE