DO OVER

Friday, February 11, 2011

  Yesterday was a complete success in regards to "mission healthier." If you consider success donuts and a cheeseburger. I'm not doing so hot today either. To be honest, yesterday and today I have been in a funk. The hardest part is that it's for no particular reason. That is my biggest frustration with depression. There is no rhyme or reason to it. If I'm in a rut I'd like there to be a reason instead of some imbalance in my body. Self help books would tell you to take control of your life, but sometimes depression controls your life by making everything harder. I'm not in a horrible place emotionally. I'm fine and I know I'll probably be better tomorrow and that I just have to ride it out, but it sure makes setting goals hard. Like I always say, this is my challenge and it's not going away so I will still work on my goals even if there's extra emotional resistance.
  For some reason, writing today's post is hard. I don't like broadcasting my hard days and today is a day I'd prefer to keep to myself. But, I told myself I'd write even if it was difficult so here I am. Life doesn't stop just because I'm in a funk. There are still meals to cook, diapers to change, and Valentine's to make. So, I'm going to wind myself up and do what I've got to do. And by the way, I officially declare tomorrow "Do Over Day." So, if like me, you need a do over....tomorrow's your day:).
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I like "Do Over Day." I think it should be a day of the week or a national holiday, only flexible. It's a declaration that screwing up once doesn't mean the end of the world. I usually screw up on Friday or the weekend, so that would make Monday Do Over Day.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE