I AM A ROCK.

Monday, February 21, 2011

I really really don't want to write a blog post today. I'm probably having the worst day I've had in a long time and it's not even noon. Are you still shocked that I will write about my bad days? That I will put the good, the bad, and the ugly out there? I sure am. I actually tend to want to hide away and not talk to anyone about rough times. I don't even want to talk to a close friend or family member. I doubt I'll ever get used to publicly writing about my not so pretty moments. But, what's the point of this blog if I only write about the funny times and cutesy throw pillows?

I'm not going to go into why today is a bad day, but trust me, it is. Right now I'm racking my brain trying to find a way to make it better, but it's not working. I know when I just need to roll with the punches and let the day unfold as it will. Tomorrow I will most likely be in a better frame of mind to face challenges.

I was just thinking to myself, "I sound so pitiful and I don't want people to feel sorry for me." I think that's a lot of why hard times are difficult to share. No one likes to be pitied or to sound pitiful. I have a beautiful life, but I have days that aren't.

The other day I laughed to myself when a friend posted her Facebook status as, "Cuss, cuss, cuss, cuss, cuss." That's all she wrote and I think everyone reading it understood. No other explanation was needed, because we all have days like that. Days where you desperately want things to be easier, but they aren't and you don't know what to do about it.

Truthfully, there are days when there is nothing to do, but just endure. There is something to be said for enduring the hard times of life. Times when you feel like you have no control. As if you are a giant rock rushing down hill.

We are all metaphoric rocks covered with rough edges. But, I guess over time that down hill journey makes us more smooth. At least, that's what I'm hoping:).
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Too true, Jody. Well said. Those kinds of days are tough, but we all have them. Here's to your day turning around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why non-Mormons have "Happy Hour" & we have The Book of Mormon. Hope the rest of your day looked up! :) <-- A smile goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE