MEHMET KISMET

Thursday, February 10, 2011

   It was kismet. Mehmet and I ran into each other at 10 a.m. yesterday and I know it was meant to be. He reminded me of something I've been needing to do, but not wanting to. Some of you may know him as Dr. Oz and you too may have run into him yesterday. He was on TV. Whenever I watch his show, he makes me want to be healthier. Eat more vegetables and fish, drink extra water, and cut out (ominous music) SUGAR!
   Since baby boss was born four months ago, I haven't been too focused on my health. I've been more focused on surviving as a sleepless zombie. There's a time and a place for everything and I knew that if I tried to eat perfectly and exercise every day with a new baby I was just setting myself up for failure. But, Dr. Oz and I collided at the right moment, because it's time I start making a few changes. I just don't want to.
   Why is it that I know things I could be doing to make my life better and healthier, but I don't do them? Exercising and eating healthier makes me happier, but I don't always make it a priority. Keeping my home neat keeps my mind from feeling cluttered, but it's usually messy. Sleep is very important, but I stay up too late.
   The good thing is that I've had babies before, gone through the same zombie phase before, and transitioned into a healthier phase before. So, that gives me strength to do it again. "IT" meaning being healthier. I will outline what I'm going to do better so that this blog (and all of you) can hold me accountable for actually following through:).
   These are my first steps of transitioning from zombie phase to phase one of mission healthier...
1) Cut out all sugar except one small treat a day. Fruits are okay.
2) Exercise three times a week (This will eventually increase.).
3) Eat more healthy protein and whole grains.
4) Organize something every day.

That's it for now. I can do this, right?... right? I know, the whole no sugar thing is killer, but I've done it before and I can do it again. Who's with me (Come on you pansies!)?

So, at the end of my future blog posts I'll let you know how I'm doing. Wish me luck!

On another note the Hubby and I are having a best date competition. I'm planning Valentine's Day and he's planning our anniversary date coming up in March. I got this in the bag. In March I'll tell you what we did and you can vote on the best date.

I hope this post encourages you to be a little healthier and to plan a fun date or activity soon. It's so important to do those things we just don't want to. Usually they are the things we need to do most.
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. That's cute with the date, Hubby and I always take turns too. This year I got valentines and he has our anniversary, We are on a budget so valentines will be at home, but I have a few tricks under my sleeve. Hope your healthy plan goes well, I will join you once I am done baking this little bun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again Jody you have inspired me. I am going to join you on the mission of health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true...I was just wondering myself why I resist the very things I know I need to do. Why are healthy habits so hard to form, and bad habits just come naturally and stick around like velcro on my best pair of stockings? So my goal is to just give up the sugar and white stuff (bread, etc.) for two weeks just to get myself off the habit.

    Love you babe

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE