THANKFUL FOR TRIALS

Friday, February 11, 2011

  Just as a follow up to my earlier post I want to add a few thoughts. Many of you may not know the large number of messages I have received since starting this blog. I've had many of you open your hearts to me, share your experiences and trust, and give me support. I am humbled and thankful. I truly believe that we are given challenges so that we are brought closer to one another and can better serve each other. Today I received a message from a family friend that was very touching. In this message she says...
   "I also believe that trials are a way for us to learn. To actually become a better person that without them we would never be. More compassionate and more understanding and more tolerant of others. When we become like that we are better prepared to serve others because we have walked in their shoes." 
She also gives the wise advice to, 
 "Stay on your knees a little longer on those tough days and ask Him to help you carry this burden. He will." 
My sister also wrote me a note today saying, 
 "Broadcasting your hard times and showing any kind of weakness is never easy, but that's why so many people read your blog. People can relate to the bad days and waiting for more positive ones to come." 
 These are only a couple examples out of many thoughts you all have shared with me. I keep them all. I am at a point in my life where I can honestly say I'm thankful for my challenges. I am better for them. I'm also thankful that through my trials I've gotten to know many of you better and have learned from you. Thank you.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE