COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This morning I was up early feeding the baby boss (After a long night.). The Hubby was getting ready for work and could tell I was really tired. He said, "How are you doing?" I replied, "No comment." Before he walked out the door he kissed me and said, "Do you remember how relaxing our honeymoon was? Just try to think of that memory today. When I think of a good memory it helps me feel happier during a hard day."

It never ceases to amaze me how differently men and women think. The Hubby thinks of a memory from lasterday and it makes his day better. Um, not me. On a day like today, when I think of our honeymoon relaxing in the sun, all it does is stand in stark contrast to how stressed I am right now. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the reminder of how awesome I looked in a bathing suit back then. Not any more!

On our honeymoon the Hubby and I would throw on our bathing suits and flip flops and walk to the beach. On our way to the beach, cars would honk at us yelling crude yet kind comments about my rear end. Now all any one's going to say about my bum is, "Excuse me ma'am, but I think you have a dryer sheet on your behind." A dryer sheet, Mickey Mouse sticker, cookie crumbs, spit up...you could probably find any or all of these things clinging to my pants at any given time. Sexy, right?

I know, I know. I'm being a Negative Nelly, but it's my blog and I'll whine if I want to. So, let me get a few things off my chest and then I'll do my best to muster up some positivity. Here goes...

1) I'm tired. Oh so tired. My baby is not a talented flatulater so instead of just pushing out a good round of gas he struggles with a belly ache all night. He fusses on and off keeping me awake. I stand over his crib saying, "Fart already would you?!"

2) My skin has decided to break out like a teenager at the peak of puberty. One zit decided to crop up in my eyebrow and make my whole eye lid swell. Really skin gods? Really? I look like I was on the losing end of a fight.

3) The same hormones reeking havoc on my skin are making me quite the moody monster. If you look at me the wrong way I'm likely to poke you right in the eyeballs.

4) It's sloppy snowy weather. Enough said. I think the whole country, except for Texas, is sick of winter.

5) This cold weather season that insists on persisting continues to bring sickness to my home. My kids are coughing and sniffling as I write this.

6) I actually enjoy working out and my kids won't leave me alone long enough to do it. When I do work out, it's in my cramped living room. The scenario usually goes a little something like this...

Do a push-up. Daughter yells, "Mommy, where's my homework?!". Do a push-up and pant, "I don't know. Don't talk to me right now." Do a squat and press. The Commander gets in my face and says, "Can I watch Scooby Doo's Creepiest Capers for the bagillionth time?" I reply, "Not right now. I'm working out." Squat and press. Switch to jumping jacks. Bang my arm on the piano because there isn't enough room. Proceed with Jumping Jacks, now with a sore arm. Baby boss wakes up from nap. End work out wondering if I actually accomplished anything except increasing my frustration.

You may ask why I don't work out in the morning before every one's up or at night after every one's in bed. I'll tell you why. I'M BEYOND TIRED!!!

Sigh...This list could go on, but I'll spare you. Time to dig deep and find my inner Positive Patty (I'll check back in with you later and let you know how my search goes.).

"Patty, come out come out wherever you are!"
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Trying to work out with kids is sooo much fun....NOT! I was laughing at your description because that's what it's like for me too. But at least you keep doing it; that's awesome. Oh and I bet your butt looks better than you think.:) I've been struggling with that too; having to say a sorrowful goodbye to the body I once had. I'm glad I have my honeymoon pictures to remind myself how hot I once was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, you always look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I am gonna have to take a better look at my butt. I thought it was looking pretty good, but maybe it's just because it's smaller than the belly right now. And lets face it I can't really see anything bellow my belly button, much less back there. I hope you had a better day. I so have days like this though. My kids are lucky they survived yesterday..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more! That's why I've started my war on incompetence in government and the Huffington Post.

    I'm feeling so much better now; I'm even thinking of coming of meds.

    Women Rule!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE