FAITH, COURAGE, AND FOREVER FAMILIES.

Friday, March 4, 2011

About this time last year I received a phone call at work that a co-worker and friend, Erica, had lost her sweet baby Ty to SIDS that morning. 

Only a couple of days before this call Erica, her husband Dan, the Hubby, and I went out to dinner. Baby Ty came along and I was so glad because he was one of the sweetest babies ever! If I held him high in the air he would grin from ear to ear and giggle like crazy. It was an infectious sound. It was particularly fun having him there that evening because I was secretly pregnant and watching Ty made me very excited for our new baby. 

Needless to say, I was shocked at the news of his passing and my heart physically hurt for Dan and Erica. I'm sure they have faced countless dark and ugly moments as they've mourned the loss of their child, but their strength and courage has been beautiful. They didn't ask for this challenge, but they have chosen to press forward with remarkable faith. They are great examples to me and all that know them. 

Recently, BYU did a story on their family that I'd like to share with you. Please take the time to click here and watch the video (Their story begins at approximately minute 12 if you'd like to fast forward to there.). Families are forever.

Erica is currently pregnant with a little girl. Congratulations Erica and Dan. All my love to you.






Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Jody. I love that you posted this. Thank you for the sweet tribute on your blog! You really did get some great dimpled laughs from him. I'm so glad you were able to hold him and get to know him a bit. good memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was wonderful! Thank you for sharing the video! It brought tears to my eyes! This family seems amazing and I am so happy that they have the gospel to give them strength and courage! What a blessing for you to have such wonderful people in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that video. You talk about Erica and Dan, but now I got to hear their testimonies too. Ty was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE