HOLY TIRED! CAN I GO TO COSTA RICA?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I've been up for 1,2,3,4,... Um, I'm too tired to count how many hours. But, at least I'm tired for some good reasons. I flew all day with a baby, visited with lots of family (including my new nephew Christian), and decorated for my sister's wedding (Most of the time I had a baby in one arm. So, does that count as a work out too? Sweet!).

It's now after midnight and the first chance I've had to blog. See how much I love you?!

So, what have I been thinking about all day amidst the hustle and bustle of travel? I've thought a lot about wedding preparations. This evening, as I set up and slip covered a bagillion folding chairs I pondered the worth of a wedding reception. Do the stresses out way the benefits of such an event?

It's been ten years since my own receptions and they are now a blur of memories. Can I tell you a secret? If I could do it all over again I would celebrate my marriage in a completely different way. I would politely ask people to send gifts and donations to a specific address, thank them profusely, and not have a reception at all. I would take the money we spent on the party and have an extra long honeymoon in Costa Rica. Ahhhh...Costa Rica. 

For a lot of people, the reception is an important event. A time to spend with loved ones and, well, have fun. A joyous and memorable time is what I want for my sister and that's what she will get. But, the stress of the remaining last minute tasks are taking a toll on her pretty little head (and my mom's too). I can't help but ask myself..."Doesn't Costa Rica sound a lot less stressful right now?" Yes, yes it does.

Here are some reasons Costa Rica would be my choice (Minus the Cerveza)...CLICK HERE.

Buenas noches!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. If this is a double post, just delete one! :)

    Great post! I'm totally with you on this one! After my husband & I left the temple, headed back to our hometown for our reception I realized, anything else we do today (outside of spending time together) would be anticlimactic, a spiritual let-down. I had just knelt across the altar from the man of my dreams, my best friend, and been sealed to him for time and all eternity and now, we're going to go dance the macarena? Really?!
    I know that, a lot of the time, the reception is a bigger deal for the family than it is for the couple. For us, a lot of our family couldn't be there for our ceremony so, the reception was a HUGE deal for them!
    If I could go back and do it all again, I think that I'd prefer heading straight to the airport after the ceremony, having a nice, long honeymoon and then, having a reception when we got home.
    Thanks for the great post! I just recently found your blog and, as a woman who was recently diagnosed with major depression, I can't tell you how amazing it is to read about your good days and your bad days. It's a support, just knowing that someone else in the world 'gets it' and I'm not the only one who feels this way. I can't wait to get through your archives!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE