OFF TO A CRATER I GO

Monday, March 14, 2011

Because our ten year anniversary fell on a Wednesday, the Hubby and I are celebrating today. We are going to drive through beautiful Provo canyon to Midway, Utah. We will be scuba diving in a Crater. Yup, you read that right. It is a 55-foot tall, beehive-shaped limestone rock that nature has hollowed out and filled with 90° to 96° water. You can dive, snorkel, swim, or just soak in the water.

I've never been scuba diving before due to my fear of dark murky water. Most places we've lived you had to become certified in a lake and HECK NO! That's not happening (I am positive I would be the first person ever to run into an undiscovered prehistoric creature that would bite off my hand).


The Hubby knows me well and chose the crater for my first dive experience because it has no living creatures in it. Perfect! Nothing creeps me out more than the thought of bumping into an aquatic animal. I don't care if you are a sea otter, a dolphin, or a star fish. Don't touch me! Hopefully this dive will be a stepping stone to scuba diving in the ocean some day (Which I'm determined to do.).


After the crater we are going to Park City to shop and eat dinner. Not bad for a Monday, eh? It should be a great day!


Just as an aside I think I should add that it's 9:21 a.m. and last night I was up three times with the baby boss, which leaves me quite tired. I say this because with depression and anxiety it's important I get enough sleep if I'm going to enjoy a day like today. 


Potentially, I could be a huge grump and struggle with having enough energy to have fun. Luckily, I've learned a lot over the years and I know what to do. So, I'm going to go wake up the Hubby and tell him that if he wants a happy wife today then he needs to let me go back to sleep for a while. Hopefully that will do the trick.


Here's to an amazing Monday!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. The crater is where I became scuba-certified. Oh, I LOVE it! The water is so soft and warm and clear. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamsyn, read my blog post for today and you will laugh:).

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE