STUPID DAY

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today's one of those stupid days. You know, a day filled with annoyances and nothing gets done. Honestly, it's not really the day, it's me. I'm the one that is easily annoyed and unmotivated today. None the less, it's a stupid day. Why is it that I can be presented the same set of circumstances on two different days and one day is filled with success, but the other is just...stupid?

Currently, my home is a mess, the Commander has played way too much Wii (and is now pouting because I made him turn it off), and I've had entirely too many tootsie rolls. I don't even like tootsie rolls.

It's as if my brain is having it's own opposite day. I tell it to clean and it tells my body to sit and stare at the mess. I tell it to eat a salad and it tells my hand to put cookie crisp in a bowl (I did use skim milk).

In my own defense I was up all night (What else is new?). Even the Commander woke me up in the middle of the night, which he never does. After a night like last night, I guess I'm guaranteed a stupid day. It just gets a bit discouraging when it happens so often. I have friends with babies younger than mine and they are sleeping for ten hours straight. None of mine have ever done that! Woe is me, boo hoo, yadda, yadda. Poor Jody.

Let's not forget that everything is annoying me more than usual. The boo, boo, boo... boo, bee, bee, boo...from the Mario brother's game seems like nails on a chalkboard, the baby boss feels extra heavy, and my apartment feels claustrophobic.

The Wii games, the baby, the apartment...none of them have changed, but today I am different.

It just occurred to me that the things I write on this blog are often the thoughts I keep to myself. Before I started this blog, I would go about my day and no one (except the Hubby) would know what I'd been thinking or the struggles I'd gone through. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a whiner in my head, but not usually outwardly:).

Oh well, tomorrow's another day. In fact, I still have half of today left and maybe it will be a lot less stupid.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Jody you crack me up, I know it's not funny when we are having those days. but it does helps to put it all out there. I give you permission to whine. I hope you have better days. We are here to share your pain, even if it is through reading how bad your day is.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE