ALL THE SINGLE LADIES

Sunday, April 3, 2011

This is a shout out to all the single parents out there. All I can say is WOW! Since coming to Indiana on Wednesday with the baby boss, I've gotten a small glimpse into what it's like to be a single parent.

There's no one to take the night shift when complete exhaustion kicks in, no going to the bathroom alone...or anything alone for that matter, and a chronic soreness coursing through my body from holding Chunky McChunkerson (Holy fat baby!).

I've had my sisters, parents, aunts, uncles, grandma, friends, and others take turns holding the baby boss (Thank you everyone!) and I'm still exhausted. Major props to those parents out there flying solo. Phew!

This trip has given me some interesting insight into my own personal growth. Though tiring, I've dealt well with the stress. There have been times in the past that the exhaustion of traveling with a baby overwhelmed me, causing major frustration and irritability. But, this trip has been different. I've been able to push through each wall of weariness and still participate patiently in important activities.

When I got off the plane on Wednesday, I was soooo tired, but went to the church with my mom to help set up for my sister's wedding. The next day was full of more frantic errand running, and then the wedding. It was quite a crazy schedule to keep with a little baby, but thankfully, I was able to remain positive, find the energy to help, and spend rewarding time with family.

You may find the above achievements quite mediocre and nothing to get excited about, but for me it's improvement. Two or three years ago I wouldn't have juggled everything quite so well. There would have been a mini melt down or two at some point.

I think it's important to give ourselves credit for the improvements we make from month to month or year to year, no matter how small they are. Seeing improvement in myself encourages me to keep trying because it shows me that things do get better and I can be stronger.

But, though I'm stronger and able to take care of the baby boss on my own for a while, I prefer tag teaming. I'm definitely keeping the hubby around. Love you hubby!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE