FLIGHT OF THE (STUPID) BUMBLE BEE

Thursday, April 28, 2011

If an acquaintance were to ask me how I was doing today I would probably reply something along the lines of "Oh, I'm hanging in there. How are you?" In reality I would be thinking, "I AM SO DANG TIRED I CAN'T EVEN PROCESS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING RIGHT NOW!"  Definitely a far less socially acceptable response.

I probably shouldn't be writing a blog post right now. I am soooo tired which means I'm cranky which means I'm likely to complain which means I will later have blogger's remorse for complaining. But, oh well, here goes.

Last night I finally got to bed around 1 a.m. Around 1:30 Sassafras woke me up because she couldn't find her water (Huge crisis!). I was up again at 3:15 to feed the baby boss and couldn't fall back to sleep after that. Once again, I was thoroughly exhausted but my body was not cooperating.

There's a well known orchestral interlude called Flight of the Bumblebee. It's fast and furious. If you can't recall this little ditty, watch the video below.


Yeah, a perfect demo of what my mind felt like as I laid awake in bed. Like a little bee was buzzing around in my head to this hyper tune. Body was exhausted, mind was jumping around from thought to thought. SO ANNOYING! I wanted to cry, but I was too tired to cry.

I couldn't get up and read, blog, clean, or do anything because of how tired I was so, time just ticked slowly by. Around 5:30 a.m. I got up and took a warm bath. I was able to fall back asleep around 6:00 and the baby boss woke me up at 7:45. I'm just plain tired of being tired. But, I will survive.

You know what helps me a lot? Hearing from you and I've been getting lots of emails lately. Thank you. I love it! I feel so privileged that you feel like you can confide in me and that you take the time to contact me and support this blog. Many of you are struggling with things far more difficult than a sleepless night and you inspire me. So, in your honor I'm going to throw my shoulders back, stop complaining, and get through this day.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your sleepless nights!!! NOOO fun. Hoping you get sleep tonight!
    As always, love your blog.
    -Kami

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE