THE NINE CIRCLES OF HELL

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No, this isn't me. I just felt like this.
The baby boss introduced me to the nine circles of hell last night. He screamed for hours and wouldn't let me sit down or cradle him. The only position that would even remotely appease him was me standing with him over my shoulder and bouncing. I literally stood like this all...night...long.

Some how everything is ten times worse at night, isn't it? A hellish event such as the above seems so much harder, the night feels so long, and there's no one available to help you. But, come the light of day my little devil baby opened his eyes, stopped screaming, and calmed down enough to have a bottle. Ugh!

So, here I am with every muscle in my body aching, half way to psycho, and today is the day I have to fly across the country with him.

My thoughts are now along the lines of, "Okay, that sucked. I can't change the fact that I'm a complete zombie so, what can I do?"

I can whine about it on my blog (check), drive to the nearest gas station and get a diet coke, take three ibuprofen, and pray, pray, pray.

Well, at least I've got a plan. Hopefully my baby is no longer possessed come fly time and is once again my little angel. Oh yeah, I can cross my fingers too.
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Oh I feel so bad for you Jody!! That would have sucked!!! But your description of it was so funny! I really hope your flight goes well, that he sleeps and that YOU will get some sleep soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lest anyone believe you are exaggerating, and that "nine circles of hell" is some kind of hyperbole, let me explain that baby boss screamed from about 10:30 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., with about an hour's reprieve some time in between. Poor babies...mommy and baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. Jody. I hope the flight went much smoother. Hang in there Mark will help in no time. Thank goodness for amazing hubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything went OK. Just remember to breathe ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! He was really good on the plane:).

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE