DISTRACTION AND A BIB FOR ADULTS??

Monday, May 9, 2011

So this is what it feels like to get a semi normal amount of sleep. The baby boss only woke up once last night, allowing me six and a half hours of sleep and leaving me feeling rather refreshed. Sassafras even got her hair curled this morning (Though I admit, I did accidentally spray her hair with body spray instead of hair spray. I must not be as rested as I thought.).

I also sent her off wearing a crafty bib necklace I made last night.




Let me explain how this necklace came to be. My lack of motivation seeps into all parts of my life. As I pack things for our move, I get distracted (I even manage to be unproductive in the midst of being productive). I will start out packing books, stumble upon one of my favorites, and start reading. I pack cookie cutters and want to bake something. Boxing up DVDs promotes an impromptu viewing of a family vacation. You get the picture.

I was going through some craft items last night and came across fabric scraps and ribbon I forgot I had. Making some fabric flowers sounded more fun than packing so out came the glue gun. I started playing around and decided to make a necklace for Sassafras. Because it's slapped together with glue, the outcome is quite rough, but that's okay because it's going to be thrashed around on the playground today and it was free.

For a couple of years now, these fabric flowers have been showing up everywhere. On headbands, hair clips, necklaces, bracelets, belts, rings, etc. Lately, I've seen different versions of these giant bib necklaces. So, I experimented last night and Sassafras insisted on wearing the above bling to school today (She's such a girly girl).

Here are some other versions from online.

The Paisley Moon on Etsy.
Baby Eliza on Etsy (Above and below).

Little Keiras Bows on Etsy.
Sweet Apple on Etsy.
So, if you would like to be productively unproductive today, embellish a fabric flower and glue it to a clip. Then attach it to an old beaded necklace, a belt, bracelet, or head band. You can get back to the laundry later.

I think I'm going to go pack something so I can be distracted again.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. That's really pretty!! Great job Jody! btw I can totally relate to getting easily distracted!! There are so many times where I'll start out doing something like dusting, then an hour later I find myself sitting on the floor pouring over family photos and wondering how I got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen those bib necklaces around here, but they
    are very cute. I'll have to ask for directions when I see you...IN ABOUT FIVE WEEKS

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE