DISCOMBOBULATION

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Well, we made it to Erie, PA on Thursday evening and the trip went a lot better than I expected. Our kids were amazing and the Burb held up like a champ! We felt the prayers of so many as if they were the wind helping push us along.

There were quite a few times I wanted to blog, but no matter how well a cross country trip with three kids goes, it's exhausting (not to mention I am having to type on an IPad until our Internet is set up). I couldn't bring myself to type one key. I feel as if I've existed within a fog of weariness for so long. I'm still currently stumbling through this fog as we strive to unpack and organize our new home.

I feel discombobulated. Like I don't have a home yet. No friends, no sense of direction around town, no organization. My mind knows everything will be okay, but my body wants to shut down. I want to fast forward to feeling comfortable here, which I'm sure I will soon.

Today I took the kids to meet our neighbors and that was nice. A sweet elderly couple live on one side of us and a single mother of two on the other. We have a preschool, the kids school, and a cute little bowling alley across the street. About a minute away we have a grocery store and restaurants. I drove the kids around today to see the neighborhood and to help them (and myself) feel a sense of normalcy and comfort.

We have church tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. Our church always becomes like family no matter where we go. I know there are many young families in our ward (congregation) who are in our exact situation (poor medical student families:). I can't express how amazing it is to have this support.

I'm hoping my dip down into the doldrums soon ends. I hate feeling this way. But, though my body, my heart, my mind, my house, and my bank account are currently in a state of discombobulation, I know somehow everything will work out and good things are to come.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it there safely! What an adventure you have in store. We're actually moving, too, in a few weeks, but only to Spanish Fork. I'm looking forward to reading all about your new life in Erie, PA. :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE