ENJOY THE NOW

Sunday, June 26, 2011

As baby boss gets older, my hormones continue to stabilize, and I struggle less with depression and anxiety (Come on. I know you woke up today thinking, "I would really love to read about Jody's hormones!" Well, BAM! Wish granted).

Lately, I've had fewer days of struggle. I have more motivation and energy, I'm less irritable, and have more peace. I'm extremely thankful for times like this. Though I know there is always another phase of struggle around the corner, I'm enjoying the present.

I'm sure part of my stability can be attributed to the fact that the hubby is around all the time. It certainly helps to have two parents home. This will be very short lived and I'm taking advantage of the extra help and having my best friend by my side.

For example: I took a three hour nap today and it was FABULOUS! My kids woke me up around 7:30 pm and it was like coming out of a coma. Pulling my head off the pillow took great will power.

So, why do I mention this (besides the fact that I ramble on about any and everything on this blog)? Because, it may be confusing to people who come to this blog looking for entries regarding depression when they read nothing on the topic.

This current good phase helps me drive home an important point regarding depression/anxiety. It's not necessarily constant and it varies in strength and presence. If someone has depression or anxiety, it doesn't mean they are always depressed and anxious.

For now, I'm doing really well, but if you are here seeking misery for your company, never fear. I'm sure I will struggle again. Just wait until my husband is gone 24/7 and I'm pulling my hair out dealing with kids on my own. Trust me...it will make for some interesting blogging:).

Enjoy the present my friends. Don't live in fear of another hard time coming. Just enjoy the now:).
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are doing good. Enjoy... Fortunately depression is not a rock I carry in life. (though I have many others)I like to enjoy the times that my burden seams lightened. So I can see why it would make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that feeling of waking up after a super long nap- it's like waking up from anesthesia! I feel dazed, and I don't know how long I slept, but I know it's been a looong time. I'm glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog. I totally understand what you are getting at. I write about my struggle with depression but I also write about whatever floats my boat that day. It may or may not be about depression but in a way, it relates.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE