BUSY BEE

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hello to my three remaining readers (I know that in cyber world I've been gone the equivalent of an eternity).

Wow! I've been busy. Upon moving I thought to myself, "I'll take a week or two off from blogging to get all moved in and then I'll be back to writing daily." Ha! I'm now realizing that if I wait to resume daily blogging until I'm all moved in, I'll never blog again.

So, I'm back and I'm going to share with you some of what has been keeping me busy (besides the unpacking, parenting of three children, and all of the fun registering and licensing required by a move.).

To the Hubby's complete dismay and frustration, our clothes are still in boxes. But, it is not due to laziness, it is because I've been very adamant regarding dressers. Despite our med school induced poverty, I refuse to have ugly furniture, which requires hard work and creativity.

After diligently scouring Craigslist's free section, we found this beauty.


She'd been abandoned by renters in a dilapidated state and environment (I shudder in remembrance...). We entered a cloud of cat and dog dander to rescue her, because we knew she had potential.

We cleaned, sanded, primed, and painted and this is her post face lift. I love her.



I also helped out a chair in desperate need of a make over. I picked this beaut up at good ol' Goodwill for 7 bucks. I don't have before pictures, but it was bad folks.


Don't you love the upholstery fabric? It makes me happy just looking at it.

And so does this.




I had an El cheapo cork board from IKEA, some stencils, and acrylic paint. Voila! A cute place to pin up whatever I want.

In addition to these home projects, I made two cute car seat covers for my new baby nieces. They are so easy to make and keep nasty germs off my Lu lu and Vi.

Sorry the pic is so dark. My sis sent this to me from her phone:).
So, now you know another of my secret addictions...projects. I currently have five other projects under way and countless ideas bouncing around in my head (Thanks a lot Pinterest!).

There's something so satisfying about making something better. Taking a piece of furniture from disastrous to fabulous is, well...., nice, but improving one's self is the most satisfying. When I see these projects through from start to finish it gives me a sense of hope for improving myself.

Each day we can be a little better. All my love to you!
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jody I LOVE THEM! The fabric you put on that chair is so pretty! And I love the dresser, it looks totally different! We sold all of our bedroom furniture because we didn't love it so there was no point in dragging it across the country. Plus the bedroom we'll have in our next house is way too tiny for all our old furniture anyway. We'll be living out of plastic boxes until I slowly put our bedroom together piece by piece. And this is totally what I'm gonna do, scour craigslist for cheap pieces to make over. Yours is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke I can't wait to see what you do with your new place:). How is the move going. When do you take off? or have you already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jody! We leave next weekend (the 13th) if everything goes according to plan. I'm featuring this dresser tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE