HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!

Friday, July 22, 2011

There are certain changes I've wanted to make for quite some time now. Bad little habits of mine. These habits will be uncomfortable to break so I constantly place them on the back burner. But they've been simmering on the back burner way to long and I feel like such a bum that they've not yet been tackled.

These desired changes run along the lines of working out more, eating less sweets, going to bed earlier, keeping the house cleaner, etc. They sound doable, but they aren't getting done. Why, oh why, can't I buckle down and just do these seemingly simple tasks?

Oh, how I wish I were one of those people who had a structured day: 1) Get up and work out 2) Eat healthy 3) Straighten the house 4) Pay bills...and so on (PS- If you are one of those people, I hate you and want to be you.).

This is what usually happens when I attempt the above: 1) Sleep through alarm because baby boss wanted to party all night. 2) Shove some Lucky Charms in my face as I remember an appointment I need to rush off to. 3) Not only not straighten the house, but ransack it as I look for my cell phone and car keys strategically hidden by the sneaky baby boss. 4) Find my cell phone and not be able to use it because I forgot to refill my plan.

When I come home from the above mentioned appointment or other errand, I usually feel completely wiped out from lack of sleep. Turns out, Lucky Charms isn't such great fuel for the body either.

Look at the girl in the center jumping in. That's how I
feel about jumping into breaking my habits. Not...good...
(picture from crossfitsouthbay.com)
I know that eating right and exercising will help me feel better emotionally and physically, but I'm stuck in this unhealthy cycle. I feel kind of like a little girl trying to jump into a round of double dutch jump rope. I want to do it, I'm on the verge of doing it, but I just can't. Sigh...

Soon, a healthy life style will be more important than ever. The Hubby has medical school registration tomorrow and starts classes on Monday. This is seriously big. I had a conversation with some second year med students today, and their wives. The couples said they barely saw each other the first two years. They were basically saying, "Hold on to your hats. This is going to be rough. Really rough."


For the sake of my own sanity and keeping this household together, I need to jump right in to change and be a healthier person. Heaven knows I'm going to need all the strength I can get. Wish me luck:)!
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Jody......She can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...hello?! these are my daily goals as well and do they happen? i know you know the answer. :) i am thinking we were seperated at birth. am i a commitment phobe? i need to figure it out...shall we figure it out together? deal? deal. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL... YOU CAN DO IT. Working out is hard... but it's so true it makes you feel better. I have finally started out again, after belle was born and even though nothing has changed on the scale I feel like i am hot super woman in action. As I glide through the ZUMBA steps at the gym, with my cute workout outfits, that are still a little too tight, (motivation room, you know) and my super milky boobs knock the people to my side out of the way every time I turn. But you're right i feel better. So Go for it. just do it. lets do it together. we can keep each other motivated. (right after I come back from FL on Sunday) So lets start Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working out is great! The clean house thing is great as well, but it's hard with little chickens! Btw we did the dental school route. It was ruff at times, rely on the other wives. They were my sanity!
    www.moddybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE