SKUNK FUNK

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I want you to think about how many times you've smelled a skunk while lying in your bed? How many times have you actually been awakened in the night by that pungent scent?

Personally, I've been stirred from my slumber 8 times in less than three months. And it isn't the normal driving down the road and I smell a skunk kind of scent. It's more of a burn your nose hairs, throat closing kind of experience.

First of all, why is a skunk so close to our home? Secondly, what is making it squirt it's nasty juice? This is becoming a serious problem and I'm starting to think this skunk has a personal vendetta. I mean seriously! I was raised in rural Indiana so I know skunk smell. But, this is excessive people.

Two nights ago, around 4:30 a.m. I was once again awoken by a burning in my throat. Mr. Skunk's smell was so strong I had to cover my face. I groaned, "Ugh!" then the Hubby groaned. Next, you could hear cries of disgust coming from my kid's room.

From the moment we moved into this house we've had a veritable zoo of wild life in our back yard. We see at least three bunnies every day and a wide variety of birds. Great, I'll take it, but the skunk must go!

So, what am I to do? Have you ever had a Skunk dilemma such as mine?

I will be ending this blog session now to go research humane ways of keeping skunks away. BUT, if this doesn't work, Mr. Skunk better watch out 'cause I will be packin' and I don't mean my bags.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Peeing in the yard.

    Seriously.

    My brother-in-law (Emily's husband) grew up peeing in his yard specifically to keep skunks away. So set your sons to work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That's funny Nancy. At this point I will try anything. It is seriously foul!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE