WHY OH WHY DID MY BLOGGING SUBSIDE?

Friday, August 5, 2011

A friend wrote on my Facebook wall today, "I miss your blog." A simple statement that got me asking myself why I haven't been posting. Honestly, I don't know.

I feel as if moving, unpacking, getting everything going in a new city, and the Hubby starting medical school has consumed me. I've gotten out of the rhythm I previously had and haven't quite found my rhythm in this new place yet. Does that even make sense?

It's as if my restart button is just waiting to be pushed and then maybe I'll find the motivation I'm missing. Truth be told, I've been struggling to find motivation for a lot of things I previously loved doing. I spend a lot of time thinking about the things I want to accomplish and very little time working on them. Yeah, like I said, motivation issues...

I recently read the saying, "If you don't like where you are, then change it. You are not a tree."

This made me smile. Technically, the above is true. We are mobile beings and can change things about our lives that we don't like. But, it's easier said than done. In fact, I am extremely talented about not changing elements of my life that I need to, and really want to change, for that matter.

So, at what point does desire become action? And if you don't act on the things you desire most, what does that mean?

"Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions." (Dallin H. Oaks)

The above evolution from desire to action was something we discussed in church recently. I believe you can really desire something, but you have to prioritize your desires. I have a lot of desires and let less important ones crowd out other vital ones. This prevents important desires from coming to fruition.

You know what happens when you don't prioritize? You accomplish a whole lot of things that don't really matter and this leaves you feeling unsettled.

In short, I guess blogging has been one of the many casualties of my skewed priorities and lack of motivation. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to push restart and get some of my desires to action.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm always prioritizing things that don't really matter (like putting off packing to paint a table) and then panickingwhen the important stuff is piling up undone. And the really important things are even harder to get to. Rob & I are always saying how we know what we need to do to have the kind of life that we want, but it's hard to be motivated to make even little changes. Procrastinating is so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you posting again. Love you and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE