CRAZY IN THE CAR WASH...WAHOO!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can I just tell you how much I love hearing from my readers and friends...and friends that are readers! Today I got a message that said the following...

"So, this morning I woke up to 3 full blown screaming children. 1) Because it looked like rain today and today is fair day, and it's "soooooooo not fair." 2) Because, the shirt she has to wear is not pink or PUPLE. 3) Well, let's credit the first two for number three too. What did I do? I threw them all in the Burban, shoved a bottle into #3, and drove grouchy #1 to school. Then I went straight to BK for a super large Coke and some french toast sticks and tater tots. Then I drove through a very noisy car wash so I didn't have to hear anything about the puple shirt. I drank my coke and shared my sticks and tots with #2. Then I drove to 2 garage sales and spent 15 dollars on trash/treasure. I NOW feel ready to take on the day.

I did all of this thinking of you Jody, hoping this is something you would do, and that I'm not the only crazy one out there. Hope your morning was a little smoother than mine."

Let me just say, yes my friend, that is exactly something I would do and yes, I live in crazyville too. The above situation definitely warrants a little treasure/trash and a nice icy Coca Cola. And, I must say I have used the car wash on multiple occasions for entertainment/distraction for my kids. My poor kids think the car wash is some kind of amusement park ride. "Who wants to go to the car wash?" Kids reply, "Wahoooooooooo! Yay, the car wash!!!!" Hahahaha...this strikes me as so funny right now. 

I might add that they also think a toy from Goodwill is an awesome prize and a dollar store toy is mega awesome. I keep there expectations low so that Christmas is much easier (Thems just jokes people...sort of:).

Anywho, I would love to hear from you the funny/out of the ordinary coping techniques you use to stay sane as a parent. Come on...tell me a story. Send them to jodylong82@gmail.com and I will post them on this blog with my own stories that I'm sure closely parallel your own. 

They can be small techniques you use to get through hard days or just flat out funny experiences. I look forward to hearing from you!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Jody, I just found your blog and was doing a little backreading. I had an experience just this morning that I am sure most would think pretty crazy. My best friend called me, and for once in the last few days, I was actually doing well enough to answer my phone. She asked what I was doing (as she is one of the very few people that know I deal with anxiety), and I told her I was sitting on my bathroom floor. Being the germaphobe that she is, she asked why. (Why not?) I explained to her that I had turned my 3 year old loose in the bathtub with food color dyed shaving cream and a paint brush, just so I could have 30 minutes of peace and quiet. So what if my peaceful moment came on my bathroom floor? It was still peaceful, and that's all that mattered to me at the moment. Hey, and after all that, my 3 year thought I was being cool. Win/win! Thanks for helping me realize I am not alone in my crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. L, I'm so glad to hear from you! You are definitely not alone. Not even close. I've had many experiences like the one you described. Good things kids are resilient and easy to please. You're doing a great job! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and don't forget to be kind to yourself. I hope to hear from you again:).

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE