TODAY I SHARE TWO PEOPLE WHO CARE...

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Last week's guest posts were so much fun. I love learning from other people and trying new things (I still have a back log of great guest bloggers to use in the future...so check back soon)! But, my absolute favorite part of writing this blog is hearing the heart felt, honest stories of so many readers. The stories of joy, heart break, and triumph truly inspire me.

So, instead of the cranky, complaint infused tangent I was going to post (there's always tomorrow:), I will share just a couple of the stories recently sent to me.

First off, follow THIS LINK to watch an inspiring video blog from my friend Keli, creater/owner of Colette Paperie (The coolest card and stationary biz around yo!). In the vlog, her courage is contagious...so what are you waiting for?...Go catch it!




Secondly, I'd like to share the following writings of my friend Vanessa (visit her blog); A beautiful, feisty, talented mother of three, just trying to do her best and remember her worth while at it. Here's what she shared earlier with me.

I love blogging. It’s a way for me to find my center some days. Many times my blog has gotten me in trouble, has made me laugh, or just given me a chance to vent.  I also love reading other moms blogs, however, sometimes I feel inadequate as a mother and woman. Seeing how great other women are makes me take a closer look at my own role in life.

Do you ever read someone’s blog and see that they are just gorgeous in every picture or their house is spotless and beautiful? Some are crafty beyond amazing and others have awesome recipes they made last night for dinner (as if it’s no big deal to cook an amazing meal every night). I read blogs like that all the time and wish I could be that great. My blog mentions messes all over the house, not so sweet poop stories, and unsuccessful family events with a touch of sweet priceless moments. 

As I looked in the mirror today, I thought Something’s gotta give. In the blog world and even in real life, we can choose to only put out there a small part of our lives, and the people around us see only what we want them to see. For example…A few weeks ago, on a Saturday night, I was preparing the kids clothes for church the next day. my son wore a tie with hints of pink on it to match my daughter’s dress that matched the babies shoes and bow. It would be the babies first Sunday at church. When my husband saw how stressed I looked about getting things together, he asked me why I was going through all the trouble. I had just had a baby and needed to take it easy. Especially, since I still had to get ready for church myself. Although I knew he was right, my reply was… “Because I have to look like I have it all together”.  Notice the look like part. I don’t have it all together and, in fact, some help would be nice! But Shhhh don’t you tell anyone that.

Today as I looked in the mirror, I saw a woman who does not come around enough, a woman that is confident and talented.  I do have moments that I look in the mirror and like what I see. I can cook a mean Holiday meal from scratch. I can look at pretty much anything and figure out how to make it. I love a clean house and matchy, matchy children. I am not telling you all this to toot my own horn, but to answer a question I ask myself sometimes, and maybe some of you ask this same question. Why do I only dream of being Super Woman and being that great? Why can’t I have the good pictures and crafts, the well behaved children, and recipes, and have a blog to show for it?

When reflecting upon the subject I receive the following answer. There are days that I choose to be the best mother I can be. Those are the days that the house and me do not look so hot. There are days that for my own self steam I need to look good. So, my children watch a little more TV while I take a hot bath, shave, give myself a facial and manicure, call a sitter, and go on a hot date with my husband (Just to remember that I am a woman, and can look good). Other days I clean the house and light candles and cook a mean dinner, while the kids are locked out on the backyard for a couple hours. (I mean, how else are we supposed to clean anything with them running around? RIGHT??!! Please tell me you do that too.)

We do not need to do it all, all the time. Heavenly Father took 6 days to create the world, so why do we think we can do it all in a day? So… My dear mommy friends, Choose a day, and be the best you can be in one thing. And when you lay your head down on your pillow that night, don’t linger on the things you were not or didn’t do. Simply say to yourself. “My children will remember how great of a time we had today” or “That was a meal to remember…”

All of a sudden achieving your highest potential does not look so overwhelming and when Sunday comes around you can look back and reflect upon what a wonderful woman you were that week. We are amazing daughters of God with a very special gift/obligation on this Earth. That is to bring Heavenly Father’s children to Earth, and guide them back home again. And only through time and His help will we accomplish everything.  But for now… “Something’s Gotta Give.”


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, love this, love this, love this. I should print this out so I can read it every time I start beating myself up for making hamburger helper for dinner, or letting my kids watch 4 hours of tv. You're awesome Vanessa!!! Thanks for sharing Jody! Love that I have friends like you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE