MOTHERHOOD IS A CALLING

Sunday, March 4, 2012

My mom has an ability to be in tune with what her children need, even when 100's of miles away. Yesterday, my mom emailed this to my sisters and I...


I was rereading an article in the Nov. 2011 Ensign magazine by Neil L. Andersen about children, and thought of you all and your challenges.
 
In part of it he quotes a blog by a Christian mother:
 
"Growing up in this culture, it is very hard to get a biblical perspective on motherhood.
Children rank way below college. Below world travel for sure. Below the ability to go out
at night at your leisure. Below honing your body at the gym. Below any job you may have
or hope to get.....Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children
because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze in
the time. It is what God gave you time for."
 
Having young children is not easy. Many days are just difficult. A young mother got on a bus
with seven children. The bus driver asked, "Are these all yours, lady? Or is it a picnic?"
"They're all mine," she replied. "And it's no picnic."
 
As the world increasingly asks, "Are these all yours?" we thank you for creating a sanctuary
for families...
 
You girls all deserve praise for the great job you are doing raising your kids in a tough world.
 
Love you
 
Mom

From my mom to you...I pass on this great reminder.

(Side note: I know that some women desperately want to be mothers and have not yet experienced that roll. I know that I appreciate the many women in my life who help me parent my children...teachers, family, friends. We all have important purposes in life.). 

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like this poem about mothers http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/12/random-quotation-spot.html

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE